One of my friends recently packed his car and took off for a city 9 hours away. It was the latest installment of what I call the Mass Exodus of 2013, in which all my friends move away. But that’s another blog post.
I wanted to make him a mixed CD for the road, because I am just that cheesy. But also because I think the best part of a good road trip is the music.
But alas, my MacBook STILL has that copy of Food Inc. stuck in the CD drive. It’s been, like, a year and I never even got to watch it.
I know you didn’t ask, but here’s what would have been on that CD. All of these songs are newish to me. A lot of them I discovered using iTunes Radio. (If you haven’t updated yet, iOS 7 is worth it, if only for iTunes Radio, in my opinion).
Let me know if I left something good off the list.
- Matt Wertz “What I know right Now”
- Bastille “Pompeii”
- Lorde “Royals”
- The Family Crest “Love don’t go.”
- Vance Joy “Riptide”
- Ryan Adams “Lucky Now”
- One Republic “I lived”
- Jason Isbell “Traveling Alone”
- The Avett Brothers “Another is Waiting”
- Neulore “Shadow of a man”
- Ivan & Alyosha “Don’t wanna die anymore”
- Lee Dewyze “Like I do.”
- Jared and the Mill “Breathe me in”
- Avicii “Wake me up”
- Passenger “Let her go”
- Vienna Teng “Whatever you want”