No two persons’ creative process looks the same. Here’s what usually happens when I decide to write. They say writers love to have written, and it’s true.
- Get inspired to write.
- Pack a journal, pen and laptop into and decide to head down to a favorite writing spot/coffee shop.
- Decide that, no, you don’t need to spend money on coffee when you have a perfectly good apartment with wifi and a coffee maker and you can write sitting on your own couch.
- Unpack your things, spread out on the couch while you wait for the coffee to finish brewing.
- Remove cat from lap.
- Open laptop: browse Facebook and watch a funny cat video.
- Remove cat from laptop keyboard, admonish said cat to do something with his furry life already.
- Open a new WordPress blogpost.
- Decide you really want to go to the coffee shop after all. Get on bike and go there.
- Open laptop.
- Realize you don’t really have anything interesting to say and that you’ll probably die before your memoir is done.
- Close laptop, defeated. Vow to do better tomorrow.